Get Involved with Syracuse Healthy Start!
If you are pregnant or a new parent, Syracuse Healthy Start is here for you! Give us a call at (315) 435-2000 or click here to have someone get in touch with you about all of the services available for you and your growing family. All of our services are free, confidential, and delivered by caring staff members. Meet some of our team members here! A Community Health Worker or Public Health Nurse can visit you at home or at another location on a regular basis to:
- Talk with you about what to expect during pregnancy, childbirth & your child’s first two years.
- Answer any questions you have.
- Connect you with resources in the community (health care, housing, employment, education, WIC, baby supplies, etc).
- Help you set & work towards your personal goals in life.
If you are passionate about maternal & child health, and about issues facing families today in Syracuse please join us! To find out more about our active community groups or subcommittees, just email or call us at (315) 435-2920. Each group meets monthly and brings together health care professionals, human service providers, families, and active community members to collaborate on projects related to:
- Mental Health
- Perinatal substance abuse
- Teen pregnancy prevention
- Safe Sleep
Everyone is welcome to take part in our annual events!
- The Syracuse Stroll: Baby Buggy Walk in the Park
- The State of our Babies: Annual Report to the Community
- Breakfast at the Zoo (for Syracuse Healthy Start clients only)
- New in 2014: Fatherhood Buzz